Man’s best friend deserves the best treatment we can give them. After all they are always there for us and never complain. Show them how much you appreciate them with one of our dog gift ideas.
- Dog Bed. I know that they will already have a comfortable dog bed or they may be allowed to sleep on the sofa or your bed. But all dogs especially as they get older will benefit from pet orthopaedic beds. These will support them in the correct places and help all those aches and pains. We all appreciate a good night’s sleep and your dog will too.
- Ball Thrower. Do you suffer from an aching arm after a few throws of that ball, and the embarrassment of not being able to throw it far enough? A must for all owners with ball chasing obsessed dogs is a ball thrower. These come in a variety of shapes and sizes but your dog will thank you for that endless stream of far flung balls for them to chase; you will not even have to break into a sweat.
- Dog Flap. Do you sometimes find yourself at the beck and call of your dog, opening and closing that door as they come in and out of the garden? A dog flap is your ideal solution. Very similar to a cat flap but available in a variety of different sizes this will give your dog more independence. There is a variety on the market so shop around, our favourite are the ones with enhanced security features which will deter other animals and unwanted guests entering your house.
- Pooper Scooper. All dog owners need to be responsible for picking up their dogs’ poop. Make it easy for yourself by having an easy carrier so you won’t be swinging that bag of poop during your walk. Your dog will be happy too as you will have both hands free to throw that ball or stick.
- Extendable Lead. Dogs love the freedom to run around when they get the chance but there are many areas where they will need to be on a lead. Make this a more pleasant experience by investing in an extendable lead and they will not constantly be pulled around by a restrictive short lead.
- Dog Chew. Visit your local pet shop and you will see a truly astonishing array of pet chews. Look for recyclable, non-toxic versions and you will be doing your bit to helping our environment.
- Another Dog. One of the best presents for your dog and your whole family. Whilst your dog is very happy with human company; Dogs are pack animals at heart and they will appreciate another dog’s company when you are not at home. You will see many old dogs having a new lease of life when a puppy is introduced into their environment. Do some research beforehand to see what breed of dog will compliment your current dog. There are many rescue dogs looking for homes so check this out at your local centre first, they will also be able to give you help and advice about a new dog.