A dog is one of the best companions one can ever have. Depending on the breed and the reason why you actually picked on getting one, a dog can be a companion, a security guard, a toy of some-sort, and even just a simple pet. But regardless of why you plan to pick up or buy one, black German Shepherd pups, like many other dogs, are long term investments and you have to make sure that your investment pays back big time.
Here are several things you should bear in mind when you’re shopping for that perfect dog of yours:
- Research. Did you know that a lot of owners are frustrated because they did not take time to read about their chosen breed? Yes, many owners go for just looks without exerting effort to research about any particular breed. Make sure that when you want an athletic type, read more about athletic dogs. Same goes with the toy dogs.
- Ask the breeder ALL of your questions. You want to make sure that your breeder knows his pets as well as the things he talks about.
- Ask that the pup be seen with its mother as well as its other siblings. This way, you can observe it’s temperament
- Know the health issues of the pup as well as it’s medical history. Has it been dewormed? Microchipped?
- Insist on seeing the papers. Pure Breeds must have papers. This is your guarantee that measures have been taken to maintain breed standards
- Research on possible genetic health issues that your chosen breed might have. This is one way to prevent headaches and heartaches in the near future.